WELCOME TO GOLDEN EAGLE BIKE ENGINES – WE PROVIDE THE MOST DEPENDABLE AND AFFORDABLE TRANSPORTATION FOR YOUNG AND OLD ALIKE.
Golden Eagle Bike Engines
The first and only geared belt drive bicycle assist engine on the market. We are the smoothest motorized bicycle kit available!
No big repair bills, expensive tune-ups, or auto insurance.
Our bicycle motor fits on most bicycles without any modifications, special skills, or tools. Fits mountain bikes and street cruisers!
Our motorized bike kit gets up to 225 mpg with a 200lb rider.
May 26th, 2013
Check out Round 2 of the Customer Videos here!
March 19th, 2013
Golden Eagle is proud to present the Honda GX 35cc 4-Stroke Engine Kit!
October 13th, 2012
We’ve Moved!! Relocated to larger facilities in Muskegon, MI
July 6th, 2010
We found some great Customer Videos of our bicycle engines on youtube. Check them out here!
Sept. 17th - 21st, 2008
May 15th, 2008
“My Golden Eagle Recumbent – I built my bike last year with the intention of it being powered from the beginning. I have been riding for two seasons now and it is great. I have already put 500KM on it this year.
Here is a video of my commute:”
Many of our customers are commuters, disabled or seniors – GEBE is committed to providing reliable, affordable motorized bicycle transportation. Our 2-Stroke and 4-Stroke engines are extremely well built for long life, dependability and fuel efficiency, while meeting Carb Tier II EPA requirements. Coupled with our efficient, geared belt power transfer system results in the most dependable, easy to install and use, best mileage and environmentally friendly bicycle assist engine kit available.
The Golden Eagle gas bicycle mount kit without the engine is available for you “Do-It-Yourself”ers; those who can’t afford the Best but have a good engine gathering dust in the garage and for the ‘unfortunates’ – deceived by our competitor’s claims. Clean that engine off and four bolts will attach it to the GE drive. These gas powered bicycle Mount Kits without Engine fit flat-head engines with either a 52mm or 76mm clutch. **Click for Details** Recycle that engine, put it on the Golden Eagle drive and learn how that engine really Wants to perform!
Easy assembly and installation usually requires only 30 minutes to 1 hour. Snap the Drive Ring on the rear wheel, install four nuts and bolts, one screw for the kill button and slide the mount strap into place on the rear axle. The trigger throttle clips on your handlebars for use with your thumb or finger, whichever is more comfortable for you to use. We recommend you have front And rear brakes on your bicycle.
ALL components of the Golden Eagle drive – mount unit, drive ring, gears, belts, throttle – are 100% made in the USA – to US standards and provide American jobs. The mount parts are stamped US steel with a rust proof coating. The trigger throttle is spring loaded – pull on the trigger to go – release the pressure to slow down or come to a complete stop. There is no shifting of levers or any type of clutch movement necessary for stop and go riding.
The automatic centrifugal clutch allows engine to disengage when you let off on the gas to slow down, stop or idle – like the automatic transmission of your car. No dangerous levers to push! Control of bike can be maintained at all times with Both hands on the handlebars!
The Drive Ring is made of nylon, reinforced gear material, for long life and durability. Fits 24″, 26″ or 700c wheels with 32 or 36 spokes. Rotate the ring over your wheel until the spoke slots align with wheel’s spokes, using our 4n1 Ring/Spoke/Gear Key; the spokes easily click into the slots. Securely fits most spoke sizes from 15 gauge to 12 gauge. **Click here for ‘How to’ use our 4n1 Key**
With our patented design, the drive ring is self centering, there is no adjustment – one piece to install and it doesn’t come off easily. The Drive Ring requires a minimum of 3 and 3/8 inches between the inside of the forks, when measured 8 & 1/2″ up forks from Top of the axle, for proper clearance. Be sure to check both upper and lower fork, some bicycle manufacturers squeeze one but not the other. **Click here for How to measure**
The geared Drive Belt is Kevlar reinforced for long life and durability. Although most of our customers find the belt will last for more than a year, riding style dictates belt life. Breaking strength of 1280 lbs. Extend the life of your belt, reduce stress and pedal a stroke or two as you take off or accelerate.
The unit comes with a custom molded Safety Cover for the moving parts.
One eighth inch clearance is required on each side of the axle for the Lower Mount Strap, a total of 1/4 inch. There is ample room on most bike axles for the lower mount strap.
The GEBE mount kit will fit even the larger diameter tire sizes – up to 26 x 2.125
Why is Geared Belt Drive better than Friction or Chain Drive?
- No excessive tension, friction or vibration to cause bike parts to fatigue, engine to wear out or burn tires up.
- The geared belt is a more efficient (and less expensive) method of transferring power from engine to wheel – ever wonder why motorcycle manufactures now use the geared belt?
- Better traction under any conditions: rain, puddles, muddy roads, snow, sand, trail riding or on the road.
- No rollers to rub hole in tire, especially when wet – even ‘morning dew’ wet.
- Pressure is evenly distributed to the entire wheel not just the tire; Will not cause the rim to warp or excessive tire wear.
- Positive drive system allows for more efficient power transfer from engine to wheel.
- Simple, Easy to change drive gears for multiple riding conditions – No adjustment or re-alignment required.
- Our smaller, Quieter, lighter engines yield much better gas mileage And performance!
- Easy to engage belt tension lever for pedaling or engine use.
- No dangerous lever on handlebar to impale rider.
- No heavy gear boxes to add excessive weight and suck up the engine’s power.
- Our Lightweight, Trim unit sits well within the pedal crank and below the seat.
- No limitation of tire selection: aggressive, trail or street.
- You can even keep your fender, you can’t do That with a friction (scrubber) drive.
- GEBE’s well balanced design allows use of kickstand that came with your bike.
How much does the bicycle engine kit weigh?
Individual Engine Specs are listed on the INFO page, depending on the engine – Total weight of engine and all mounting parts range from 12 lbs to 14 lbs.
How loud are the motorized bike engines?
Can I pedal without the engine running?
You won’t feel much drag, pedaling the 25.4cc RedMax for short distances, with tension lever off. Pedaling longer distances and for engines with larger clutches, it’s much easier to remove belt from drive ring. It takes seconds:
1) With tension lever off, roll bike a few inches as you lift belt from track of drive ring,
2) *Carefully* flip tension lever back to on position, belt will be held in position on drive gear, ready for reinstallation of belt.
3) Loop belt out of the way (many just loop over knob) twist tie, if you wish. Takes less than 1 min. To replace, re-route belt for engine use.
What kind of fuel does the bicycle motor take?
For the 4-stroke engines, 87 octane, or better, is recommended and the oil you find runs best in your auto and/or recommended for weather conditions in your area, consult your Engine Manual.
Would a bicycle shop be a good place to take my Eagle Motor bike for installation?
When you say "pedal a few strokes" on take-off, what speed do you recommend before pulling on the throttle?
Which engine is recommended as commuter transportation?
What kind of oil should I use for my bicycle engine?
4-stroke engines take automotive oil – and whatever is recommended for your temperatures. Consult your engine manual.
How do I change the oil in my 4-stroke, without having to turn the motor bike upside down?
My wheel has 32 spokes and has held up well to my 25cc Eagle bicycle motor kit, will it hold up to larger engines?
I have a 35cc 4-stroke, my 26 wheel spokes are 14 gauge but the spokes occasionally break - any fix?
What features should I look for in a bike - Specifically to motorize?
Any problems reported with disk brakes?
Some disk brakes only require the lower mount strap be spaced out with a nut/washer for proper mounting – Others find they have to grind a 1/4″ wedge from the lower strap to clear the brake, still others require serious modification of the mount and would not be recommended. Installation instructions on the ‘How To’ page of this website are very helpful in answering this issue.